Hi All,

We spent a lot of time testing almost all possible DLR conditions with SMPP;
We did it using Kannel stable 1.2.1, 1.3.0 and also CURRENT CVS.  So, this
behaviour is VERY OLD;
We are using external dlr storage with MySQL and SMPP interface-version
"33";
The SMSC is a CMG one;
I will further do the same tests with Logica's SMSC and with interface
version "34" when Kannel supports message payload;

If somebody want to join us in testing SMPP DLR, feel free to look inside
the attached Excel spreadsheet, with all testing data and also DEBUG
information extracted from Kannel's logfiles.

The summary of symptoms are:

1) Kannel is not doing multiple DLR notifications per message when requested
(e.g. sendms dlrmask=31)
2) Kannel is not inserting a record in mysql dlr table when sendsms dlrmask
is "16"
3) Kannel is setting the mysql drl field status to "0" when dlrmask is "4"
or "20" and also setting mysql dlr field timestamp to "000000000000000"
4) Dlrmasks 8,9,10,25,26 or 27 are returning dlr-status equal to "12" when
should return "8"
5) In many test cases (dlrmasks 9,10,11,13,14,15,25,26, 27,29,30 or 31)
Kannel says "DLR not deleted because we wait on more reports" but after
receiving a correct deliver_sm (DLR) it just didn't find the mysql row,
telling "no rows found" and then "got DLR but could not find message or was
not interested in it"
6) When Kannel says "removing DLR from database" the respective mysql row
remains on the dlr table

I hope it helps everybody, including me.

I would like to heare comments and suggestions on that.

Best regards,
Mauricio.

 <<dlr_tests.xls>>