Hi Steve,

Steve Kennedy schrieb:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:21:31AM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
>
> > if TAP is considered an own SMSC interface protocoll, then this would
> > be (maybe ;) pretty easy by writting an gw/smsc/smsc_tap.c module that
> > capsulates the TAP interface logic and docks to the higher Kannel
> > abstraction layer.
> > So is it a SMSC spec they gave you?
>
> TAP was designed for pagers, it's a dial-up protocol, only 7bit
> so really only useful for text.

thanks for the note.

So if there is a way to use TCP/IP connections for TAP, then
implementing an smsc_tap.c module would be pretty easy I guess.

Also, we had a first EMI/UCP implementation in Kannel that used
call-up lines. Maybe they can be reused if there is no alternative to
the dial-in.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG