Nisan Bloch wrote:

> Hi
> At 02:13 PM 6/24/03 +0200, Stipe pressed the little grey keys thus:
> >* work on the shared object loading of the smsc modules (Alexander?!)
>
> What is the status on this? I would be interested in helping. It would be
> great to be able to load new smsc modules without rebuiling the whole of
> Kannel. And even more so if this means we could then change the configs
> without having to restart.

Mainly Alexander was "playing" arroung with ideas.

I guess we need to work out how to:

* make gwlib/cfg.def split into smsc specific sections and how that
directives can "register" into the core.

* how we can seperate the configure/make process to include smsc
modules. An approach would be having

  $ ./configure --with-smpp --with-emi2 (etc.)

and split source files in Makefile.in to seperate directories

  gw/
  smsc/
  smsc/smpp/
  smsc/emi2/

which means we compile only smsc modules we have configured. And then
link code to libsmscmod.a to link against the binaries.

This would also imply we generate smscconn.c on the fly while
configure to have the references accordingly to the available smsc
modules in the lib.

* thing of how to use DSO for the smsc modules.

* general Kannel module API. I guess we will have several APIs, one
for the SMSC module inclusion, one for the bearerbox connectivity,
etc.?!

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG