When are the beasts been freed from cages any tentative dates

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Nisan Bloch
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 9:31 PM
To: Stipe Tolj
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Kannel SMPP interface !

Hi
At 01:53 PM 6/8/03 +0200, Stipe Tolj wrote:
>yes there is. We at Wapme have those beasts arround here still in
>cages ;)

yeah.. ditto...

>So could some people *please* think of how to handle configure/make of
>"external" cvs modules with the gateway cvs module as base core.

Here is a very rough idea..
How about keeping it simple.
for the SMSC/bearerbox end - a config file that specifies a smsc_type, and
the entry function names and a .so that we can use dlopen to load.
eg for smpp it could look like this

group=smsc_module
smsc_type=smpp
so_file=smsc_smpp.so
smsc_create=smsc_smpp_create

Then for the "smsbox" end. These are essentially "standalone" apps that
connect to Kannel via bearerbox and send messages.

So I think we should split the gw directory again, much like we split of
gw/smsc

kannel/gwlib
kannel/gw
kannel/smsc
kannel/boxes/smsbox : split out the smsbox
kannel/boxes/wapbox : split out the smsbox
Then the
add on boxes can fit into there own kannel/boxes/foobar directory, or even
in a totally separate tree. One could even supply binaries (though
hopefully not) of boxes, or build Kannel support into commercial apps using
libs other than gwlib.

The configure/make can work just like smsbox, wapbox etc do now.  When and
as new "front end" modules get added we can add --with-smpp --with-emi
--with-apachemod.........

Nisan