Dedy  Sutadi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: iso-8859-1, 28 lines --]
>

> Hi List,
>
> Is there any way to trigger mobile to send out IMEI via SMS?
>
> How it's work, is by sending specific SMS (with special PDU) to Mobile
> phone, will trigger the mobile to send back IMEI information silently via
> SMS.
>
> My college said it is possible and he has done before. But I don't believe
> it.
> If only there any of you can give clarification.

I doubt it as we are looking for a different solution to grab imei from
our network.

There is a solution, but it's not generic sms - you can have an SIM
toolkit application in customers simcard reading his imei and then
you'll comunicate with the toolkit through sms's (pid=127 for example)

If you discover any way to do this with generic sms I'd be glad to know
;)