Bruno Rodrigues wrote:

> I doubt it as we are looking for a different solution to grab imei from
> our network.
>
> There is a solution, but it's not generic sms - you can have an SIM
> toolkit application in customers simcard reading his imei and then
> you'll comunicate with the toolkit through sms's (pid=127 for example)
>
> If you discover any way to do this with generic sms I'd be glad to know
> ;)

yep, me too. I agree with Bruno here. I guess you won't have controll
into the phone core unless you do it via the sim toolkit itself.

There *may* be generic sms solutions that device vendors implemented
on their own, but there is definetly no public specification about
this.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG