fredag 8. august 2003, 17:18, skrev Stipe Tolj:
> Alexander Malysh wrote:

> > > ok, from my perspektive --enable-mysql is useless.
> >
> > nope... --with-mysql used _only_ if you have mysql installed in the
> > "nonstandard" path. If you have mysql installed in the "standard" path,
> > then --enable-mysql is enough...
>
> but that's semantically not how autoconf treat --enable-foobar and
> --with-foobar.
>
> --enable-foobar is for activiating components that are inside the
> configurable package and --with-foobar is for adding functionality
> from a 3rd party package (hence mysql in this case).
>
> > > So a ./configure --with-dlr=internal --with-mysql may be a reasonable
> > > approach if the mysql support is used somewhere else.
> >
> > but why you need --with-dlr ??? internal will compiled in per default.
> > mysql will be only compiled in if you have mysql libs installed and want
> > use these.
>
> ok, --with-dlr is definetly out of need, since we can configure which
> storage type to use in the config file itself. I agree.

Don't you need --with-mysql=/not/where/things/should/be in case the user has
the libs in a nonstandard place?

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Eurobate ASA

Arne K. Haaje
Senior Network Engineer
    Eurobate ASA - Postboks 4589 Nydalen - 0404 Oslo - Norway
Phone: +47 23 22 73 73 - Fax: +47 23 22 73 74 - Mob: +47 92 88 44 66
                    http://www.eurobate.com/