Alexander Malysh wrote:

> On Friday 08 August 2003 16:51, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> > David Tully wrote:
> > > +1
> > > Makes no sense to me to have to use 3 directives when you want to compile
> > > DLR mysql support..
> > > --with-dlr=mysql --enable-mysql --with-mysql=/usr/..
> > >
> > > Unless there is another reason for them all?!
> >
> > ok, from my perspektive --enable-mysql is useless.
>
> nope... --with-mysql used _only_ if you have mysql installed in the
> "nonstandard" path. If you have mysql installed in the "standard" path, then
> --enable-mysql is enough...

but that's semantically not how autoconf treat --enable-foobar and
--with-foobar.

--enable-foobar is for activiating components that are inside the
configurable package and --with-foobar is for adding functionality
from a 3rd party package (hence mysql in this case).

> > So a ./configure --with-dlr=internal --with-mysql may be a reasonable
> > approach if the mysql support is used somewhere else.
>
> but why you need --with-dlr ??? internal will compiled in per default. mysql
> will be only compiled in if you have mysql libs installed and want use these.

ok, --with-dlr is definetly out of need, since we can configure which
storage type to use in the config file itself. I agree.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80