torsdag 21. august 2003, 09:57, skrev DILWORTH MICHAEL:
> thanks to all who got involved in this. I have certainly learnt much more
> about the issue now.  excellent!
>
> a quick summary:
>
> I needed to have the split use different from numbers for billing reasons.
> We wanted to bill binary (ringtone and logos) on MT, but because of the
> splitting issue we were in danger of charging for every message. As charges
> are stated to the user simply, for example 1 euro per ringtone, it would
> have been messy to fix this.   I also work for the carrier and my comments
> our billing systems were treated in typical telco style..  we arnt very
> flexible..  anyway.. the idea was to send the first of the split from a
> chargeable number and the rest from a non charging number.. simple if it
> works.  Also this would work well with our prepaid customers.
>
> As we cant do this now we are faced with 2 more options.
>
> 1. send a chargeable "ping" message to the user.  if this gets delivered ok
> then send the binary from a free short code. 2. implement MO charging.
>

> option 2 is the favourite here as it seems to be the established way of
> doing it.

Why can't you split the cost between the messages? If the price for a ringtone
is 1 euro but it must be split into two messages, can't you bill those two
messages 0,5 euro each?

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Eurobate ASA

Arne K. Haaje
Senior Network Engineer
    Eurobate ASA - Postboks 4589 Nydalen - 0404 Oslo - Norway
Phone: +47 23 22 73 73 - Fax: +47 23 22 73 74 - Mob: +47 92 88 44 66
                    http://www.eurobate.com/