> An SMS is sent from a user's mobile phone to kannel. Kannel identifies the
> specific service, and a URL is requested via the GET-method. Kannel expects
> the response from the URL, BUT, the connection between kannel and HTTP
> Server is lost, BEFORE kannel receives the response SMS, that is supposed to
> return as an answer to user. Is there any way to handle this situation, e.g.
> sending an SMS to the user after waiting for 2 or 3 minutes and not having a
> response from the HTTP server? I understand that kannel can handle some
> situations like requestfailed, couldnotfetch, requestfailed, emptymessage,
> but I don't think that can handle the above scenario. Am I correct?
> Do you have any ideas ? Waiting for your response. Thanks in advance

yes, Kannel (or specifically the smsbox) can handle this. smsbox can
have an HTTP request queueing mechanism where you can have several
tries to deliver the HTTP request to the HTTP server. Please see
user's guide for configuration directives.

Now as smsbox will tried all HTTP GETs as failed, when no answer is
given, it will retry to N times that you can configure. If it fails
for all N times, then the smsbox will pass a "could not fetch" message
to the user via bearerbox.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wapme Systems AG