Hi,

> first of all: what in hell is CPA???

I think if you guys have heard of CPA, I wouldn't need to write one! :-)
CPA is another protocol that is used by one of the local telcos over here, the reference website is at
http://cpa.digi.com.my/
http://cpa.digi.com.my/Forum.jsp (this have some pdfs on where this is used)
But seemed that the specs is proprietary, I wonder if there will be any problems if I release the specs out over here.

after short review, I would say, this stuff should go into smsc_http.c. In addition some parts are not done (e.g. smsc_shutdown , this function is responsible for freeing all used memory by the smsc module , that means here is the memory leak!)...

The codes are a quick hack because I need it here. Sad to say I don't quite understand a lot of internal stuffs of kannel myself. And I send the patch to the mailing list hoping that someone might clean it up for me (which I think might not happen!). I will certainly look into the smsc_shutdown function!

Have you tried to implement this stuff within smsc_http? If yes, please explain why this stuff doesn't fit into smsc_http?

Ok, I started off hacking smsc_http.c actually, hoping just to extend it and do not touch its core functions, so I tried to just code the 3 functions:
1. cpa_send_sms
2. cpa_receive_sms
3. cpa_parse_reply
But it have not been long before I realized that CPA need something extra, login and session.

Well, basically, for CPA, a session needs to be established, the session goes a bit like this
1. kannel send login request
2. telco replies login request,
if successful, reply a session_timeout, and session_id
3. kannel need to relogin again after session_timeout
4. kannel need to use the session_id to send any MT messages to the telco.

Found myself hacking the core functionalities in http_smsc so much that it might just break kannel_http, brunet_http and xidirs_http functions. So I just whacked up my own smsc_cpa.c and pray that it is going to be integrated coz I am lazy to manage the patches and kannel's daily snapshot.

Cheers,
Phuah Yee Keat