onsdag 14. januar 2004, 22:02, skrev Stipe Tolj:
> "Arne K. Haaje" wrote:
> > Yes, I know - but that is what they are using.. To send an SMS you craft
> > a packet then send it over HTTPS.
> >
> > I am okay with the encryption for the transport, but why use HTTP (S).
> > Why not just connect to a SMSC that speak the protocol natively? There is
> > also the issue of 1 SMS/sec they have. Wonder what they do with votes
> > etc. from a TV program...
> >
> > Telia has always been a bit strange..
>
> which means you have to pass the UCP string via HTTP GET/POST over
> HTTPS to them? ... what kind of perversion is this?!
>
> I guess they use HTTPS for getting the security purpose "done"?! Seems
> they never heard of stunnel (for SSL-enabling TCP server-client
> applications) or of VPNs.
>
> I wouldn't call this strange, but "perverted".
>
> So if it is that way, then: no, Kannel does not support this. ;)
> You'll be on your own to get either:
>
>   a) implement the UCP string encapsulation into gw/smsc/smsc_http.c
> for a special 'telia' type.

I might look at this when I have the time, but riht now I need this
yesterday ;-). I think I have (avery proprietary) fallback.. :-(

>   b) tell them to give you a native UCP account and use SSL tunnel or
> VPN for security.

I will do that, but I wont hold my breath.. BTW. If I get such an account, can
I then use Kannel with the emi module if I compile it with OpenSSL?

--
Med vennlig hilsen,
Eurobate ASA

Arne K. Haaje
Senior Network Engineer
    Eurobate ASA - Postboks 4589 Nydalen - 0404 Oslo - Norway
Phone: +47 23 22 73 73 - Fax: +47 23 22 73 74 - Mob: +47 92 88 44 66
                    http://www.eurobate.com/