Nisan Bloch - Clickatell wrote:
> Hi Ian
>
> part of the problem here is that  each vendor will then have their own
> proprietary settings,
> now most of us who use kannel for high volume messaging and have many
> links running and external applications that handle the routing -
> this would then mean that the routing apps would need to have
> specific knowledge of the optional/proprietary settings for each
> gateway. Part of the idea of Kannel is to abstract the links so
> external apps do not need to know anything about the various
> protocols and connections.  Then the next issue is how to pass these
> through from smsbox.

Yep, that all makes complete sense. Abstraction is great provided you can
find a way to make it work with everything.

Perhaps Kannel needs some way that you can define optional input fields for
the front end & then a way to map them in the configuration file on to
specific protocol output fields on the back end. That way you would have
more flexibity to tune each particular deliverer without introducing vendor
specific exceptions.

I'll wander through the code & see if I can do anything to demonstrate what
I mean.

--
Ian Cass