Lars Kristian Roland wrote:
Hi,
Have you considered adding the RADIUS information in such a way that the
client pushing a wap push via the push proxy can send the pap-request to
an msisdn rather than an IP also when sending a udp push, but the push
proxy sends it to the IP address (wap push proxy must then do the
mapping between msisdn and ip address based on the information from
radius acct)? I can see that you've implemented this mapping for receiving acct radius
info for normal wap requests, and I guess this would be a small
extension to that???

Hi Lars,

a good question.

But as I remember, Kannel's PPG _is_ able to send Push messages to MSISDN numbers generically. Since it will pass it over the SMS bearer to the phone. So I don't see the necessarity to have the RADIUS acct mapping active here.

The _only_ benefit I see from this here is to allow PI (push initiators) to send push messages over PPG with MSISDNs as target, and wapbox would try to resolve this into IPs, in case the MSISDN is online and connected to the NAS at that specific point of time. So something like this:

a) PI sends push msg to PPG
b) PPG tries to resolve MSISDN into IP (from RADIUS acct mapping)
c) if MSISDN is online at this time, PPG is able to address the push message via IP
d) if it's not online, utilize SMS bearer to push the message (this is the current default behavior for MSISDN targets)

Hmm, Aarno, some comments from your side?

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80