> >  a) seems like the directory must exist already or bad things happen
>
> hmm, store_init returns -1 if directory doesn't exists and it's up to higher
> layer to check this (bearerbox init code). I don't like the idea to create
> directory if it doesn't exists and also the idea to panic in this case.
> IMHO we have to much panics spread across kannel for such low level things
> and higher layer should check return values and make decisions.

However there is one difference: in old store, if the file did not exist
that only meant that well there is no old messages; new ones were still
stored. In this case nothing will get stored, but unless the user is
observant, he won't notice this (or I'm missing something here)
(okay, I'm not sure what happens if the store file cannot be later on
created.. just errors I guess..)

Hence, either panic or create the directory. But I can live with current
behaviour, too..

> yep, good point... 'store-dir' is a good one?

Yes, see below.

> real benefit is that store spool dir is slower as e.g. store file + your
> patch (dict approach) (if your gateway has enough RAM to store messages
> twice). so user will make decision which type to use (but default:
> store-dir :)).

Well in that case I would suggest that we have both :]
Which one is used depends on config setting:
store-file : the old (and I will patch it with that previous patch)
store-dir: the new one

..and yell if both set...

--
 &Kalle Marjola ::: Development ::: Helsinki ::: Enpocket