Alexander Malysh wrote:

Hi Davy,

Davy Chan wrote:

1) Not everyone needs a DLR for every SMS sent.
2) This solutions would force the SMS Msg struct passed back and forth
  between the bearerbox and the smsbox to increase in size with
  data that might not be relevant.
3) This solution cannot be abstracted and used for all SMSC interfaces
  (unless all you want is the 'ts' field reported for every SMSC).
4) Kannel is not ONLY an HTTP<->SMPP gateway...It is also HTTP<->CIMD,
  HTTP<->EMI/UCP, HTTP<->SEMA, SMPP<->CIMD, SMPP<->EMI/UCP, SMPP<->SEMA,
  CIMD<->EMI/UCP, CIMD<->SEMA. Therefore, adding SMSC protcol specific
  things to the smsbox can hinder compatibility.

Yes, it's easy to make a quick hack to add the message-id to the
SMS Msg struct for people ONLY connected via SMPP. But, what about
the others?

yep, you are right here...

+1.

Would it not be a better idea to implement some mapping system
between the UUID and the DLR's? After all, you get the UUID
upon submission of the SMS via the sendsms function. I was planning
on implementing this but it appears Alex trumped me on it and is
trying to move his implementation from his private source tree to Kannel.

the only I can say, I'm sorry but have no time at least this week to do
this, again sorry!!! Davy if you have time for it just do it, if not please
wait a bit... The idea is pretty simple:
1) extend dlr table for uuid
2) store uuid in the table (dlr.c) (for this task you must change all
dlr_XXX.c)
3) in dlr.c::dlr_find if dlr found retrieve uuid from backend and copy it
into newly created dlr message id (extend all dlr_XXX.c)

so you then receive in dlr original uuid from the message sent.

p.s. please don't forget to update userguide and examples in doc/examples ;)

which means Alex, you want to have the DLR MO message the *same* UUID as the orginal transported message?

This doesn't solve the problem about uniqueness for messages that are transported in the same second? right?

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80