On Tuesday, 19 בJuly 2005 11:36, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:

> > If by "queued", you mean "BUFFERED", then that is an SMSC status
> > and can only be received after an ACK. if by "queued" you mean,
> > "stored by kannel for deliver", then the answer is that this status
> > is implicit for each message and kannel does not generated DLRs for
> > that. Once the message is received by the driver and the driver
> > fails to send it to the modem (because there is no sim), the
> > message is discarded and a NACK DLR is sent.
>
> the message is actually not discarded. In the HTTP interface, it's
> said to be buffered, and when I insert SIM after a while, it's sent
> then. I haven't yet found if there's a timeout for that.
>
> So, one of the two daemons keeps the messages in the memory buffer,
> at least for some time. I guess a more natural way would be to keep
> them in a database, thus ensuring they're not lost because of daemons
> being stopped.

Possibly the AT driver has not finished connecting (initializing the
modem) yet, and so is not trying to handle the messages. once you put
in the SIM, the driver completes initialization and delivers the
messages.

I suspect that if you pull out the SIM after kannel has completed
initialization of the modem, then further messages sent will be
rejected by the modem (as it can no longer use the network) and will
receive a NACK status from kannel.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions