Alexander Malysh wrote:

Hi,

this patch is really a kludge and so -1 from me.

As to leave smsc module with GSM0338 that is also wrong. Message body should leave smsc module in UTF8 so than we can handle every charset. User then should be responsible to convert it some other charset if needed or maybe smsbox could do this for him.

yep, agree'ing here, UTF-8 gives us the "whole set".

Ok, this means, we would go with this policy:
- smsc module exists with UTF-8 charset encoding for message body
- smsc abstraction layer can "iconv()" this to a config defined charset encoding (either having latin1 or UTF-8 as default). I'd prefer latin1 as default thou.

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org