I actually share this view. Having the SMSC's ID in hand can help a lot in such cases, especially when you dont want to go though gigabytes of logs. But the delivery reports have the ID's in them and this is the only feedback mechanism we have towards the sender.

When you say the DLRs have the IDs in them, do you mean I can get at them already, or that it would be relatively easy to add them into the code for the URL call back as they exist in the internal data structure for the DLR?

What for sure would be a big hassle is if we have to provide on the HTTP answer because at that point in time we dont have the message id in our hand (as we have not submitted the message yet).

I can see that, and as long as you can access it via the DLRs then its not really that much of an issue.

Regards

Ben