One of the main reasons for this feature is if the SMS is not delivered then
you will not get back the
SMSC ID in the deliver_sm.  In this case if you query the SMS's status with
some mobile operators they
insist you to give them the SMSC ID. You can't give them your Kannel SMS ID
:) so you need to dig around in the database to try find it, which is
difficult if you have large systems with many SMSs. So to have a patch for
this in CVS would be great.

Kannel already calls the dlr-url when it gets the submit_sm_resp from the
SMSC.
It also gets the SMSC ID from the submit_sm_resp at this point.

So to get the SMSC ID is just a simple change, by allowing Kannel to pass to
the dlr-url the SMSC ID when it calls it after getting the submit_sm_resp.

Its only a few lines of code. However, I've been told this will break the
abstraction and so to keep Kannel "pure" we have never put this in CVS. Fred
sent me a patch for a older version of Kannel which is so simple, I only
need to change it for the latest CVS. So if the Kannel CVS maintainers will
allow it, I'll test it works for the latest CVS or ask Fred to submit it.

So Ben your goal is to convince the Kannel CVS maintainers, that this is
useful enough, otherwise why create the patch if it will never be added to
the Kannel CVS.

Rgds