  From: Alejandro Guerrieri
  To: Kannel Devel
  Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:16 AM
  Subject: Queue length

  Hi,

  I was checking the code that handles the outgoing queue and I've came into
this that got me confused.

  On gw/bb_smsconn.c, around line 1170:

      /*
       * if global queue not empty then 20% reserved for old msgs
       * and 80% for new msgs. So we can guarantee that old msgs find
       * place in the SMSC's queue.
       */
      if (max_outgoing_sms_qlength > 0 && gwlist_len(outgoing_sms) > 0) {
          max_queue = (resend ? max_outgoing_sms_qlength :
                                 max_outgoing_sms_qlength * 0.8);
      }
      else
          max_queue = (max_outgoing_sms_qlength > 0 ? max_outgoing_sms_qlength
: 1000000);

  However, the documentation states:

        sms-outgoing-queue-limit number of messages Set maximum size of
outgoing message queue. After number of messages has hit this value, Kannel
began to discard them. Value -1 default, means that the queue of infinite
length is accepted.

  Variable max_outgoing_sms_qlength gets defined on gw/bearerbox.c line 494:

      if (cfg_get_integer(&max_outgoing_sms_qlength, grp,
                                    octstr_imm("sms-outgoing-queue-limit")) ==
-1)
          max_outgoing_sms_qlength = -1;

  So, assuming I don't define it (gets loaded with -1), the "else" condition
would be true and since max_outgoing_sms_qlength < 0, max_queue would be
1000000 right?

  In other words: is the documentation wrong and -1 means 1000000 instead of
infinite?

  Regards,
  --
  Alejandro Guerrieri