From: Hillel [mailto:hbil...@ecommunicate.biz]
Sent: Monday, 30 August, 2010 21:58
To: rene.klu...@chimit.nl
Cc: devel@kannel.org
Subject: RE: smppbox bulk sms: slow reception from a client

Hi Rene,

As regards your email below, did you have a chance this weekend to test
which is the best option?

Regards

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:22:46 +0200
From: "Rene Kluwen" <rene.klu...@chimit.nl>
To: "'Nikos Balkanas'" <nbalka...@gmail.com>,   "'Hillel Bilman'"
        <hbil...@ecommunicate.biz>
Cc: devel@kannel.org

The performance penalty is probably because of the overhead of the queues
and 2 extra producer threads that take care of putting the messages in the
queue.

And yes... you are right about the round trip of the ack that is the most
probably cause of the delay.

I am also working on a priority queue implementation.

The big question will be: Which is the implementation with the best results?
Personally I think the best way to handle things is how things are now. But
will do some more testing, next weekend.

== Rene