An approach similar to the one we use with the smsc-admin-id would work
perfectly.

smsbox-id, for routing.
smsbox-admin-id for sending commands.

> A distributed management is always better than a centralized one as
> complexity scales up, and doesn't limit you to anything in simpler scenarios.

I disagree with that, as most of the industry does. Clusters are managed from a
central place, not from each box alone (and I have my share of experience with
clusters to back my point). Might work for 2-3 boxes, but try to manage 10
instances by hitting 10 different urls on 10 different servers. Scale that to
100, 1000, 10000...

Regards,
--
Alejandro Guerrieri