On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 16:01 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Con:
>
>       * Unfortunately 3 out of ~ 40 reports is not a good percentage.

Approximately the same as manual reports, in my experience.

>       * As already pointed out by Michael Schwendt some time ago,
> there
>         were some good traces in the beginning but then they became
>         unusable. Starting with abrt 1.0.2 it got better again but I
>         still get bogus reports sometimes.

Again, that's hardly unique :)

>       * As a maintainer abrt causes a lot of work. You have to respond
>         to the tickets, ask for details, explain how to install
>         debuginfo manually and tell people that their

This is what Bugzappers is for. If your component isn't being handled by
Bugzappers, please by all means ask on test list or #fedora-bugzappers
IRC if any group members are interested in helping you out with triage.

>       * abrt is frustrating for maintainers: Upstream refuses to
> accept
>         the backtraces generated by abrt. Happened to me three times.

Did they have a legitimate reason? If so, it would help to explain what
it is. If not, that's hardly abrt's fault.

>       * abrt is frustrating for users: Today I received my first "No
>         need for a reply...I will stop submitting tickets."
>
> Can somebody confirm my observations?

Not really, no. Anything new will have _some_ negative effects. That
doesn't make it bad in res totam.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey