On 01/19/2010 11:27 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:49:05 -0800, Adam wrote:

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 16:01 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

       * abrt is frustrating for users: Today I received my first "No
         need for a reply...I will stop submitting tickets."

Can somebody confirm my observations?

Not really, no. Anything new will have _some_ negative effects. That
doesn't make it bad in res totam.

Package updates to ABRT
should receive a lot of testing in order to avoid rushed "stable" releases
that result in less useful bz tickets.

I agree, we (ABRT team) do a lot of testing before new release, but of course can't cover all the cases :-/ Will try to pull-in some guys from QA, as developer can never test it software, because it's hard to think out-of-the-box and act like ordinary user.

And if arbitrary 3rd party repos
can lead to denial-of-service in ABRT, that's also something to consider
in future updates.

Yes, this is unfortunate, if some repo is down, then yum refuses to wrok even if the debuginfo could be found in other repo (e.g. rpmfusion is down and user wants debuginfo from fedora repo). We are trying to make this work, but I still think that until we rely on downloading debuginfo to users there's no way to make this work on 100%

Jirka