On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 06:51:20PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> So there's tmux, screen, curl, wget, and probably quite a few others
> that don't necessarily get daemonized that are probably affected.

I would really like to see a solution whereby tmux and screen _just
work_ without any required changes to user behavior. They're basically
commands which _indicate_ "I want a new session that persists".

It seems fine to have some administrative option which prevents that,
but I think allowing that behavior should be the default. That way,
accidental lingering processes will be cleaned up, but people's
expectations around tmux/screen will still be met.

I liked the suggestion of having those programs become "scope" aware
(https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/428) but it looks like upstream
tmux at least is not keen on it. What can we do instead?

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>