On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@gnome.org>
wrote:

> We're also planning to remove Fedora packages for selected
> apps that are offered as Flatpaks by upstream. For instance, if
> (hypothetical) Inkscape were to offer a Flatpak download on their web
> site, the Inkscape developers could request that we remove the Inkscape
> Fedora package and display their Flatpak in GNOME Software instead; the
> goal here is to reduce friction between upstream and downstream that
> people complain about so often, while ensuring it's still very easy to
> find and install software that runs reliably on Fedora.
>
> Michael

This is a slight tangent, but by "remove Fedora packages", do you mean
actually remove them from the distribution entirely or simply not show the
packaged version in e.g. GNOME Software in favor of the upstream Flatpak?
The latter makes sense to me, the former seems potentially controversial.

Ben Rosser