> On Mon, 2016-07-04 at 05:40 +0000, Ralf Senderek wrote:
>
> But it would be code that will not comply with Fedora's crypto policies
> [0].

The crypto policies state:

"Since Fedora 21 (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CryptoPolicy) there are
policies for the usage of SSL and TLS cryptographic protocols that are enforced
system-wide. Each application being added in Fedora must be checked to comply
with the policies. Currently the policies are restricted to applications using
GnuTLS and OpenSSL,"

Why do you think any code that uses cryptlib does not comply with this?

> Until that happens, software using it will have inconsistent
> crypto settings and thus I would not recommend using that lib in
> Fedora.

One of the main benefits of using cryptlib is the fact that consistent crypto
settings ARE USED,
because the High-level interface makes it almost impossible that an
inexperienced crypto
programmer will be able to screw up the system inadvertently by choosing the
wrong parameters.