On 07/08/16 20:41, Bastien Nocera-san wrote:
I think that the emoji input method should be a separate input method, so that
most users would have the choice between inputting using the keyboard layout
that matches their keyboard, and a separate input method for emojis.

I think the emoji typing does not depend on XKB but is used frequently and I
don't think it should be separated.
If the engine should be enabled by default for any languages, I think it would make sense that the XKB engines also enable emoji and switching engines would be more cost than switching input modes.
Once this feature is implemented, the translatable annotations also can be
implementable for input method engines.
I think other platforms does not separate engines for emoji typing.

The IBus XKB engine is not discoverable (it's not listed in GNOME's Region &
Language settings) and the keyboard shortcut to input emojis is also not
discoverable. Having a separate input method is likely the better way to implement
this.

I replied this.

Fujiwara