On 08/10/2016 11:47 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 at 10:52, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Sunday, July 24, 2016 5:15:51 PM CDT Florian Weimer wrote:
The background for these changes is twofold: We want to reduce minimal
image size (also the gains a very small), and we want to pave the road
towards alternative implementations (based on OpenSSL for libcrypt, and
based on libtirpc for nss_nis).

Bodhi has zero support for Reccomends and Suggests, we can not push out
updates with them. The use of Rich dependencies is not allowed.   See [1] for
more details

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-annou...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/Q5LMMPVEORM76IOPGKYS4XJ6VZ2WLAAX/?sort=date

From what I can see, glibc.spec doesn't contain any rich dependencies
(i.e. booleans) in Requires: or Recommends:. Do you have a specific
issue with current glibc package?

My suspicion at this point is that the past FPC/Fesco guidelines wee wrong, and the present tooling restriction is not just about rich/Boolean dependencies, but also about weak dependencies.

Zero support for weak dependencies would actually be okay, sort of. The problem is that something treats the Recommends: as a Requires:, like yum does (bug 1360781).

Florian