> So, I misunderstood this issue. (I'll blame the cold medicine)
>
> In this case the problem is that arm images are made with
> appliance-creator from appliance-tools. That in turn uses livecd-tools
> (the old way we used to make live media but no longer do in favor of
> livemedia-creator from lorax).
>
> So, to fix this we either need to:
>
> * Change how we make arm images to something that uses dnf.
>
> * Fix appliance-creator to use livemedia-tools instead of livecd-tools.

No no no no.... appliance-tools just needs to be taken out the back and shot!

> * Change how we do things in glibc.

Actually the real fix to this is to move to lorax/live-media-creator.
This needs virt on ARM so is currently blocking on the moonshot
chassis, plus a few other fixes around ARMv7 virt on aarch64 which
I've been slowly moving forward. We might be able to do thing on a
mustang device. I'll try to spend some time testing it tomorrow/monday
to see if we could move this forward quicker.