On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 17:39 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Qui, 2016-10-27 at 09:30 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 17:24 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello, I'd like understand how groups of package are now detect ,
> > > specially in 3rd repo packages  which can't use comps.xml.
> >
> > Sure they can. Third party repos can provide comps, and all Fedora
> > packaging tools will use it. RPMFusion, for instance, includes comps
> > data.
>
> Where ? but my main question is how apper or gnome-software knows the
> categories of the packages ?

Hmm, actually, maybe it currently doesn't, but it definitely has
before:

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/20/x86_64/comps.xml

But basically, any repo can have comps data and dnf will respect it;
you can set up an external repo with comps data that lists some package
from that repo as being in the `standard` group, for instance, and when
it installs the `standard` group, dnf will include that package. AFAIK
this has always been intended to work. I'm not sure how often it gets
tested.

I think Software's 'groups' are really the 'categories' from the app's
.desktop file:

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/1.1/ar01s03.html#desktop-entry-extensions-examples

GNOME Software's list of recognized categories isn't exactly the same
as the spec's list of 'registered categories', though:

https://specifications.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/1.1/apa.html
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-software/tree/src/plugins/gs-desktop-common.c#n323
--
Adam Williamson