On Friday, November 11, 2016 11:12:51 AM CST Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> 3) My original proposal was: change the fallback name to Fedora-XXXXXXXX by
> default, while of course retaining the ability to set it manually.

I think this is terrible, Just because if you are on a system with a small
resoultion, say 800x600 the command prompt will take up half the screen.

> 4) The specific issue relating to FreeIPA and Active Directory is one of
> uniqueness: you can only have one machine named "localhost" enrolled in a
> domain. A user who is unaware of the hostname at all will not know to change
> it ahead of time.

can we add a flag to set the hostname at enrollment time?

I guess I am unusual in setting all of my host names at install/initial
configuration time.

Dennis