Josh Boyer (jwbo...@fedoraproject.org) said:
> > If that is not the case anymore it would be good if that would be
> > communicated in advance so that all users on mac hw could either
> > switch distros or gang together to make a remix or something.
>
> You are confusing Fedora with a company.  There is no top-down
> communication on what is or is not supported.  There is no hardware
> support list or hardware certification list.  It is literally what
> people show up and test.

In the past couple of weeks we have:

1) Fedora going out to survey HN about what they want, and 'seamless
hardware compatiblity' being a top response

2) This thread about how there's no institutional (for lack of a better
word) project commitment to any set of supportable hardware in particular

If #2 is the hard reality, there's not much point to even bothering with
the effort of inventorying items from surveys like #1.

If #1 is a serious effort, then that should lead to a discussion of how
we fix #2... but that's a discussion for a council or "please
$CORPORATE_SPONSOR, help us" list, rather than this tactical thread.

I do think that, for the sake of the project, the disconnect does
need to be resolved somehow.

Bill