On 11/25/2016 06:55 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
So we already do pretty much what you outline above. I started the
first push to f25-updates on the Friday before the release.

I think, we are talking past each other.

You seem to be referring to "the freeze" in terms of the final release push,
while I am talking about what you'd probably call alpha or beta stage.

Actually, I am referring to the stage of the release preparations, when
rel-eng stops pushing packages from "update-testing" to "main".

This stage, in case of f25, has taken ca. 3-4 weeks (IIRC).
During this stage, many fc25 updates stalled in updates-testing, while their
fc23/fc24/rawhide counterparts had been pushed into "main" => broken update
paths.

Yes, but they will be resolved before GA ships assuming the
maintainers have pushed them stable.

I do not understand. I feel, we still are talking about different subjects.

AFAICT, this did not happen with fc25.

Ralf