On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> So, first, putting together a release is a lot of work. If we're
> stepping on the toes of the previous releases, are we wasting some of
> that work?

I don't see the relevance of that observation.  A new version, whenever it
is released
will impact the uptake of the previous.  If you're saying you believe two
releases a year
is too much work and unsustainable - if true, then there are probably
metrics to support
that concern.

> Second, from a press/PR point of view, I think we get less total press
> from having twice-a-year releases than we would from just having one
> big one. When it's so frequent, it doesn't feel like news.

Basing our release strategy on the fickleness of press coverage is
subjective and isn't going to do give any consistent results.

> Third, the modularity initiative and the "generational core" give us an
> opportunity to rethink how we are doing releases entirely. (See Stephen
> Gallagher's blog post if you need a quick overview of this:
> https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/base-runtime-generational-core/)

Kevin's comment raised some important concerns about this.