Dne 5.12.2016 v 17:54 Jan Kurik napsal(a):
> Note that coredumpctl is intended as a developer tool, not as an
> automatic bug reporting tool nor as a replacement for ABRT.

Who is main user of Fedora? Developer (who may prefer coredumpctl) or normal
user (who may prefer bug reporting tool)?

> ABRT already handles these cases well as a bug reporting tool for system
> packages, and it is already able to handle crashes of unpackaged applications
> with some configuration changes, but it is not as convenient to use for
> development purposes as coredumpctl. For instance, simply running
> 'coredumpctl gdb' will automatically launch gdb and generate a stacktrace for
> the most recent crash that occured on the system.

If you want to get stack trace with abrt you can simply

# less /var/spool/abrt/*/backtrace

As ABRT already generates it for you (if you have debuginfo installed).
If you do not have debuginfo, you can:

# cd /var/spool/abrt/SOME_CRASH
# abrt-action-analyze-ccpp-local

which will download necessary debuginfo, search for already reported duplicates
and generate backtrace.

So can you elaborate on "ABRT is not as convenient to use for development
purposes as coredumpctl" and give me more
examples?

I have counter-proposal.

We have two technologies: ABRT and coredumpctl. Each of them have different
purpose and none of them 100 % fit
everybody. So instead of discussing which one should be installed by default,
we can sit together (ABRT and systemd
teams) and integrate it together? So users can get benefits of both services.
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA