Adam Williamson wrote:
> Dennis has untagged this from Rawhide for now, as it broke ARM disk
> image composes.

That is probably Neal's fix to make -foo actually exclude foo from the
compose. That is required to make -foo work with weak dependencies, i.e.,
for when something Recommends: foo or when foo Supplements something. (We
will also be submitting a similar fix to Anaconda/livemedia-creator.)
Unfortunately, it is a behavior change for when foo is actually Required by
something else in the compose: That now produces an error instead of
silently including foo anyway. We think, however, that this is the right
thing to do (it does not make sense to have -foo in the kickstart just to
have the compose tool include foo behind your back anyway), but existing
live-kickstarts do need fixing to remove bogus exclusions.

In particular, this snippet (from the minimization stuff):
# save some space (from @standard)
-make

and these from the KDE kickstart:
-scim*
-m17n*
-ibus*
-iok

are no longer valid nor necessary and should just be removed. (The former is
because OpenSSL now requires make. In the latter list, only -ibus* is really
invalid, because Plasma requires ibus-libs now, but the others just do
nothing and can be omitted as well. -@input-methods is sufficient in any
case.) These lines should not needed with livemedia-creator either, they are
just silently ignored there. So I think we should just remove them from the
kickstarts.

        Kevin Kofler