Simo Sorce <s...@redhat.com> writes:

> But I am not sure why you would need to forward your user credentials to
> servers normally. Did you copy your certs everywhere before ? I would
> think the normal case is that people have 1 development machine where
> they handle packaging.

Some people use "Enterprise Linux" (ugh) server systems in "enterprises"
which have Kerberized services -- like networked home filestores, where
the old certificate is.  (I did copy the credentials with Firefox sync.)
OK, Red Hat people think we shouldn't work that way, and apparently now
can't, but that's why.

For what it's worth, I'm typing at a 2GB core2 Ubuntu box and do
development on an RHEL HPC node which is probably an order of magnitude
better all round (even without running an arbitrary number of build
processes, though the compute nodes aren't actual RHEL).  Doubtless I'm
not most people, but I guess I'm somewhat representative in this
supposedly important area that it seems I shouldn't be trying to support
for Red Hat.