On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 01:35:56AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > ...and actual QA, from the professionals and volunteers on the QA team,
> > who are very good at finding bugs pre-release but currently do zero QA
> > on our updates because it's an unmanageable rolling stream of a
> > bazillion separate updates. With batched updates, you can test a batch
> > with the same overall criteria used for releases to see if it's
> > botched. That's the advantage of batching over simply extending the
> > amount of time spent in updates-testing.
> I've not seen that proposed anywhere, I'm not sure QA has the
> resources to actually do that.

It was part of Spot's proposal at FUDCon Lawrence and we talked about
it more at Flock Charleston - where if I remember right, several people
from QA also said they didn't have resources to do that).

> At the moment the time is a week, basically I don't see any real
> proposal to extend that overall, just to batch updates out on a Monday
> (not sure that is the best day if no one  tests over a weekend). Most
> of the updates that go out quicker than a week are due to receiving
> the explicitly requested amount of karma.

I'm not set on Monday; that's a fairly arbitrary suggestion. Shouldn't
be a weekend or Friday, though!

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>