On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:15:14PM +0200, Alexander Ploumistos wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Theodore Papadopoulo
> <theodore.papadopo...@inria.fr> wrote:
> > On 01/20/2017 07:50 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> [snip]
> >> Without looking at the repo, it sounds like packaging a git snapshot would
> >> be easier and better.
> >
> > Is this allowed ??? I know that in many cases this is discouraged.
> > That would be even simpler for me. Of course, Correcting the build with
> > a patch is also easy. I just tried to be the less invasive.

It's allowed. Most of the time released versions are preferred to
snapshots, but you can do whatever you think works best for the
users of your package.

> You may also want to take a look here (if you haven't already):
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Versioning#NonNumericRelease
Exactly. The whole point of those guidelines is too a) make it clear
which version of the code the package has, b) make package versions rise
monotonically.

Zbyszek