Am 12.04.2017 um 18:05 schrieb Christian Dersch:

On 04/12/2017 05:59 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:41:52AM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
It's not uncommon to have any or all of GTK, GNOME, and KDE installed
at the same time. What libyui-* does dnfdragora use?  What happens if
both libyui-gtk and libyui-qt are installed, which one gets picked?
I can answer that, because I just installed for testing and got both of
those - and it picks qt when run.

Yes it is expected that you geth both then. I don't know how libyui decides which backend it uses. There are possibilities to force that via command line options (--qt,--gtk,--ncurses) and .desktop files shown depending on the desktop.

@Björn: Do you know how libyui chooses the toolkit?

Yes. Libyui performs a check on init of ui whether it's running on a TTY or not:

    if TTY it instantly uses libyui-ncurses
else it *tries* to load - and uses the first available - GUI-backend in the following order:

    libyui-qt
    libyui-gtk
    libyui-ncurses

If it cannot load any backend or cannot open a TTY in case of libyui-ncurses, it throws an error and shuts down the ui.