> To throw in my 2c as gtk maintainer: I'd rather have a well-written
> qt
> app on my desktop than something that relies on fragile toolkit
> abstraction layers like this. Both gtk and qt are already
> abstractions.
> Adding another one on top does not make things better, most of the
> time...

libyui is used by YaST. I'm surprised to learn it's used by anything
else. It's not good. The GTK+ support has been very broken for a *very*
long time (~2011) with buttons running off the edge of the windows, to
the point where openSUSE switched to just using the Qt interface at all
times. You can do much better using Qt or GTK+ directly, indeed.

Michael