On 15/06/17 18:27, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

I think you may misunderstand what "Recommends" means. At install-time, it will
still be pulled into the system as if it was a "Requires:". The difference is
that if someone later decides to do 'dnf remove perl-foo', it can be removed
without also removing the main 'perl' package (which is what would happen if it
is a full "requires").

What does "Recommends" do on upgrade?

In other words if Recommends was used and a new perl version had new modules in the core package would an upgrade of perl pull them in as you would expect?

I don't see how it can unless it also reinstalls ones the user had chosen to remove?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/