On Sun, 2017-06-25 at 13:44 -0400, langdon wrote:
> OVERVIEW
> ========
>
> As the modularity work starts to enter Fedora with the Fedora 27
> release, a typical Change Proposal did not seem to do justice on
> capturing the moving parts and dependencies for the work to successfully
> land. As a result, this document attempts to capture, at a high level,
> the goals and deliverables for F27. We are also providing links to the
> details to most aspects. Some of the details are still in progress and
> will change over the F26 lifecycle (e.g. which modules will be included
> for F27 Server).
>
> THE GOAL
> ========
>
> The Modularity and Server Working Groups plan, with the help of many
> other groups in Fedora, to deliver a fully modularized version of the
> Fedora Server Edition. As an equal and complementary goal, the tooling
> for module creation/development, deployment and automatic testing will
> be as simple and automated as possible.
> [*Change*](https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Modular_Server)
>
> CAVEATS
> =======
>
> -   Although modularity allows for lifecycle changes, there is no plan
> for anything besides the normal 13 month lifecycle at this point.

Has there yet been any consideration given to *schedule* changes? One
thing this mail makes abundantly clear is that a lot of work is going
to be involved in even a minimally viable '1.0' implementation of the
Modularity concept. Are we confident that this work can be carried out
to a reasonable standard within a typical Fedora release cycle, and if
not, are we considering changing the Fedora 27 release schedule?

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey