On 28 June 2017 at 07:54, Josh Boyer <jwbo...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:20 PM, Adam Williamson
> <adamw...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2017-06-27 at 22:07 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>>
>>> I cannot argue with the criteria as you have set forth.  However, I
>>> never said we should block the release.  I said it should work on the
>>> architectures it does today.  That is more than x86_64.  We *know* we
>>> have significant interest from multiple parties around Server on other
>>> architectures.  This comes from both the project sponsor and from
>>> parties representing those architectures.  They are even participating
>>> members in the Server WG.  So while you may not hold a Fedora release
>>> for it, I do not think it is out of line to come into a Modular Server
>>> release with the intention of it actually working across multiple CPU
>>> architectures.
>>
>> Well, there is of course potentially a gap between "the intention of it
>> actually working" and...actually working :)
>
> One we bridge well today, given that it works on things other than x86_64.

But does it work by design or accident on those. And I don't mean that
snarkily but in a "we actually haven't looked at making it work and
focused on other parts versus looking at it at all."

In the end, we need to make this a concrete proposal. What resources
are we going to get to make sure that it can work on whatever other
architectures are being added to the list? Will these people be
dedicated to make this work and what are all the groups outside of
either modularity or server group which might be needed to make it
work? And what architectures are we talking about as must haves?

> josh

Stephen J Smoogen.