On 18 July 2017 at 16:36, Joonas Sarajärvi <m...@iki.fi> wrote:
> My guess, too, would be that it does not address this situation.

Sure, flatpak doesn't do this, because it can't. If the application
author wants to rev the schema of the config, then they have to handle
to migration -- and it's unlikely they want to handle a reverse
migration in the downgrade case. The current best case is we don't
overwrite the config, but write the config with a different namespace,
so if you downgrade you get the config pre-migration, rather than the
config also downgraded (as the old version wouldn't know anything
about the new schema version).

Richard