On 04/08/17 18:06, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 2017-08-04 11:12 AM, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
>>
>> The release notes for RHEL 7.4 announce that RedHat gave up on btrfs:
>>

>> Is it only RHEL?
>>
>> What are other distros doing?
>>

> It is only RHEL, but unfortunately that has a *huge* knock on effect
> across hundreds of derivative distribution projects and products.
>
> It's an enormous problem that they're doing this...

Hmmm, that sounds backwards to me.   I would say it is more a problem
that Btrfs haven't reached a stability/trust level over so many years
which makes Enterprise Linux considering to use it.  To me this more
indicates the overall state of Btrfs.

I certainly do hope that Btrfs development doesn't slow down by this,
rather that the pace gets improved and it will come back again in
stronger and more solid during a future RHEL 8 release.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth