On Fri, 2017-08-25 at 17:43 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > > I dunno what order the list you're using is in, but apparently you
> > > didn't do emacs?
> > >
> > > Igor Gnatenko tried, for Rawhide:
> > > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=961777
> > >
> > > but in fact what happened with that build is ImageMagick support was
> > > simply entirely disabled, see
> > > https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/emacs/25.2/8.fc28/data/logs/x86_64/build.log
> > >   :
> > >
> > > "checking for IMAGEMAGICK... no"
> > >
> > > there appears to be a partially working patch from January available in
> > > a mailing list thread upstream:
> > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-01/msg00191.html
> >
> > There's also an emacs bug report:
> > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25967
> > where a whole load of nothing much seems to be happening. Except they
> > updated the build scripts to explicitly reject version 7.
>
> Sorry. I was following Kevin's old list, which appears to be incomplete.
>
> I'm working on emacs now. PLD-Linux has a patch I'm using. A local mock build
> worked
> so I'll push my commit shortly.
>
> http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/emacs.git;a=blob;f=imagemagick7.patch;h=199219b4d15ff2dbe325114192420a1241dd5522;hb=HEAD

That patch is at the least clearly not upstreamable, because it just
changes everything to 7-style, it would prevent emacs compiling against
6. I don't think emacs would merge a patch which is *only* compatible
with 7, I think they're much more likely to prefer a patch which makes
emacs build and work with both.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey