On Fri, 2017-08-25 at 17:59 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > That patch is at the least clearly not upstreamable, because it just
> > changes everything to 7-style, it would prevent emacs compiling against
> > 6. I don't think emacs would merge a patch which is*only*  compatible
> > with 7, I think they're much more likely to prefer a patch which makes
> > emacs build and work with both.
>
> Obviously.
>
> I'm going to have to make two passes on the rebuilds to generate upstreamable
> patches based on my time I have available.

OK, so honestly, the more I think about this, the less convinced I am
that it's *at all* a good idea for Fedora 27 to get ImageMagick 7 very
late, and without a Change process. 6 -> 7 is a very major, disruptive
change (not just to the libraries, but to the CLI, which is *widely*
used in scripts), and I really don't think we should be just stuffing
it in there like this.

Consequently, I've filed a ticket requesting FESCo consideration:
https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1766

Please do chime in with your thoughts there (everyone who's interested
in this issue). Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey